Chickpeas in red sauce
• 300 g chickpeas
• 1 fresh tomato, peeled and cut into cubes
• 1 red pepper, cut into cubes
• 1 carrot, finely chopped
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic, finely chopped
• Chili flakes
• Pdo Sitia Extra Virgin Olive Oil "Golden Creta Savouidakis"
• On the previous night, put the chickpeas in a bowl with plenty of water and a tbsp. of salt.
• On the next day, rinse well and add a tbsp. soda.
• Stir and leave for 10-15 mins, then rinse well with plenty of water.
• Put the chickpeas in a pot with enough water to boil properly.
• Strain them, put them in a baking dish and add all the remaining ingredients.
• Mix well and put them in the oven, adding a little hot water and covering the baking dish.
• Cook for approx. 30 mins.
• Uncover and cook a little bit longer until the color starts to change.