• 1 kg lean meat, boiled (lamb or goat)
• 2/4 kg fresh anthotyros cheese
• 1/4 kg ‘malaka’ cheese
• 1/4 kg myzithra cheese from Chania
• 2 tbsp. staka butter
• 3 tbsp. spearmint, finely chopped
• Salt, pepper
• 3/4 glass of water
• 1 cup of strained yogurt (250 g)
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1/2 glass Pdo Messara Extra Virgin Olive Oil "Golden Creta Savouidakis"
• Approx. 1 kg flour (the dough needs to be elastic and easy to roll out with the pin)
• Sesame for sprinkling
• 1 beaten egg for basting
• Pdo Messara Extra Virgin Olive Oil "Golden Creta Savouidakis" for the baking tray
• Prepare the dough for the phyllo pastry by mixing the ingredients and put it aside for 1 hour.
• Cut the meat into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
• Mix the malaka cheese, the myzithra cheese and the anthotyros cheese.
• Flour a surface well and roll out 2 phyllo pastry sheets with the rolling pin, one larger than the other.
• Place the largest phyllo sheet in a lightly oiled pan (also oil the pan’s walls).
• Spread the already cooked meat and the cheeses in layers, sprinkling each time with chopped spearmint.
• Sprinkle with the staka butter.
• Fold the edges of the excess phyllo sheet inwards.
• Spread the smaller phyllo sheet on top. Fold any excess phyllo inwards or cut it to fit the baking tray.
• Baste the surface with the egg and sprinkle with sesame.
• Bake at 200°C until it gets a golden brown color and the phyllo is cooked (approx. 1 hour).