1. General terms
The website www.savouidakis.gr contains the e-shop of Savouidakis SA, a company under the name Savouidakis societe anonyme (VAT 996978285, Tax Office of Heraklion, General Commercial Registry (GEMI) No.: 149686927000, tel.: +30 28940 22 222,
+30 2104811032, email: [email protected], active in the standardization and trade of olive oil, food and beverages). The company’s objective is to provide the best possible service to our customers. This specific e-shop enables our customers and all internet users to get instantly updated on the products offered by our company, as well as to make online purchases.
2. Intellectual property
Intellectual property rights and trademark
The entire design of the website, the text, graphics, the selection and the settings thereof, are the property of the company and constitute an intellectual property right. All rights reserved, any text or image bearing the company’s marks constitutes a trademark or a registered trademark and it is used herein upon permission by the respective owners.
3. Personal Data Protection
You can find out more about how we use your data in the privacy statement. The use of the company’s webpages and services by the visitor/user entails their unreserved agreement with the terms indicated therein.
The website uses the SSL protocol for secure online commercial transactions. This encrypts all your personal information, such as your credit card number, name and address, so that it cannot be read or modified when transferred over the internet. The SSL certificate has been issued by the leading certification company VeriSign.
The SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol is the global internet standard today regarding the certification of websites to web users and the encryption of data between web users and web servers. An encrypted SSL communication requires that all information transferred between a customer and a server be encrypted by the sending software and decrypted by the receiving software, thus protecting personal information during its transfer. Moreover, all information sent by the SSL protocol is protected by a mechanism, which automatically detects if any data has been modified during transfer. The e-shop accepts Visa, Mastercard and Maestro credit cards. You transactions in our e-shop are protected by modern security systems (rsa 2048-sha256/tls 1.2 with aes-256 + forward secrecy with modern browsers), which guarantee a safe transaction environment.
5. Trade goods – Availability – Characteristics
The available-for-sale products, their characteristics, prices and the available stock can be found on the website and are accessible to everyone. Users can find out more about each product by clicking on the product icon. The company guarantees that it will provide information regarding the products’ availability or non-availability to the customers in a timely manner. The company makes all possible efforts on a daily basis, so as to provide all necessary information on each product (characteristics, prices etc.). However, in order to limit the occurrence of errors, we recommend that you contact us before proceeding to checkout, in the event that the prices or any other product characteristic is out of the ordinary or what is considered reasonable. The prices indicated in the relevant catalogs below each product include VAT. The e-shop reserves the right to readjust those prices without the obligation to inform consumers to this regard.
6. Product Orders and Consumer Protection
Any orders made via the e-shop constitute a conclusion of sales through distance contracts, which are governed by the legislative framework of Law 2251/1994 (as currently in force), the amendments laid down in Presidential Decree 131/2003 (Government Gazette A 116/16.05.2003) and decision no. 31619 Government Gazette 969/22.3.2017.
The user has a right to conclude a valid order via the e-shop, provided that they have the relevant legal capacity pursuant to the Greek Civil Code (provided that they are have reached the age of eighteen and are not placed under judicial support in terms of concluding a sales contract). Orders can also be placed by legal representatives of legal persons. The company reserves the right to claim the return of any orders placed by persons who do not have the necessary legal capacity, from their supervisor or guardian.
7. Return Policy
You can find out about our company’s return policy by visiting the relevant link “return policy”.
• Force majeure: In the event that we are unable to deliver the products to you within the predetermined time due to force majeure (e.g. adverse weather conditions, strikes etc.), we will notify you via email, so that you can let us know if you still wish for your order to be processed under these circumstances. The company bears no responsibility for situations that arise through no fault of its own and it shall make all efforts to ensure that it provides you with the best service possible.
• In the event that you have placed an online order and you find out upon receipt that any of the products are missing from the overall order, please contact us, so that we can make all necessary arrangements and send you the products that you did not receive at no extra cost.
• Amendments to the terms hereof: the site reserves the right to amend or renew the terms and conditions for transactions. The company undertakes the obligation to update the present text in relation to any changes or additions to the terms.
• In case of non-receipt of the ordered goods (and provided that an unreasonably long time has elapsed since the order was placed), please contact a site representative. In order to ensure your better and faster service, we recommend that you indicate the special order code that was sent to the email address you entered when placing your order.
• Directive 2013/11/EU, which was incorporated into Greek law by way of Joint Ministerial Decision 70330/2015, and decision no. 31619 Government Gazette 969/22.3.2017 (article 8) provide for online dispute resolution for consumer disputes using the alternative dispute resolution procedure across the European Union. If the customer is having an issue with a purchase carried out through the e-shop and they are a resident in the EU, they can use the website https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/?event=main.home.show to settle the dispute out of court.